Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Launch of New Companion Blog: Film Dirt



As some of you know, a lot of my time lately has been spent researching and writing a book on lost film. While I've posted about it here and there, it's never felt right to take up space on a blog devoted to books to talk about film curiosities.

That's why I'm excited to reveal that I've officially launched Film Dirt, a blog devoted to lost and forgotten films. I've accumulated a lot of stories during my research, and I can't wait to share them with film fans—or anyone who likes forgotten history.


The blog launch party is in full swing. I've got my big fork! (Norma Talmadge in 1918's The Ghosts of Yesterday)  


The first few posts will be familiar to regular Book Dirt readers, as I'm moving over some of the film content that never really felt at home here to begin with. That means that Book Dirt can focus solely on books and writing. Win/win!

Please drop by Film Dirt and say hello, and subscribe if you're so inclined. You can also follow the Film Dirt Facebook page, which has been operating for some time as a place to share some of my film finds.

Let me know what you think, especially as I work to build the blog up from its bare bones state. Hope to see you there.


3 comments: