Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Needful Things: Beautiful Business Cards for Readers and Writers

It’s too bad I recently had new business cards made for freelancing, because I’m a-swoon over these designs from Moo. They’re high quality, and come in a regular size as well as a cute mini size (perfect for promoting a website?).

The designs are what really caught my attention, with several styles that are appropriate for writers. Check out the vintage typewriter design:

 
Vintage Typewriters 1 design from Moo. You can customize the background color.


This design seems especially apt for both writers and editors:

Moo calls this design "You missed a bit."


Particularly beautiful are these cards based on vintage bookbindings. Anyone in the book biz, or even just avid readers and collectors should appreciate these. There are several choices in the Notebook series, but these are a few of my favorites.





There are some quirky designs too, so take a look at the full collection if you’re in the market for cards. Faux wood veneer, tattoo art, or even cockney rhyming slang might just happen to be your thing.

Moo offers ten sample cards that you can customize, so you can check out the quality.

Do you have business cards for your writing or book business, or that proclaim your love of literature in any way? Any leads on good sources for cards?

8 comments:

  1. I love Moo.com! A brilliant service that does high quailty work. The great appeal is that you can customize the cards 100%. They are far superior to Vistaprint who I used to buy from. Moo has a US base in Rhode Island and peridoically they have free shipping offers which is usually when I order a new batch of cards.

    I learned about Moo.com when I won a book giveaway sponsored by a blog based in the UK. Their business cards were from Moo. I thought they were the most attractive business cards I'd ever seen. I immediately went to the website and designed a slew of business cards for my bookselling business. I used a series of scans of old dust covers and pulp magazine covers from my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Customizing is great for those with a good eye for design. I like the option of having pre-set designs that don't look trite, and I live in a smallish town, so I don't have to worry too much about my cards looking like anyone else's. I used Vistaprint just for the price, and I like my design, but next go-round, I'm definitely using these guys.

      Delete
  2. Very attractive cards. Makes me wish I needed some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just ordered 200 cards a few weeks ago!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Kelly! My son is a newly graduated freelance artist. I'll pass this on to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he'll be able to design something nice.

      Delete
  4. We are offering cheap high quality website development and provide social media integration for your website.Get your own quality website designing only @ US$150.we provide Website Designing,Website Development,Graphic Designing,Freelance Graphic Designer,Freelancer Website Designer,ECommerece website Designer,Shopping Cart Template Design,Wordpress,Brochure Design,Flyers Design,Visiting Card Design,Bussiness Crad Design,Data Entry Jobs,Logo Design,Template Design with HTML CSS JavaScript,PSD to HTML,Facebook Application,Facebook Fanpage,Twitter API,Facebook API.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great article! I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. I hope you post again soon.


    Cheap Brochure Printing & Sticker Printing Uk

    ReplyDelete