Monday, February 10, 2014

DC Comics Made a Pretty Big Error: Can You Spot It?

I write just enough about comics here that I probably count at least a few comics fans among my readers. Maybe one or two of you will be able to spot the mistake I found on a set of drinking glasses at a department store. 



Click to enlarge, but anyone familiar with the characters should spot what's wrong easily.


While I’m much more of a Marvel than a D.C. fan, I forked over the money for these, just because I got such a kick out of the error. Whoever signed off on this merch must be even less of a D.C. fan—or perhaps they were having an off day. 

Answer below. Don't peek until you give up:


===
===
===
===
===

The Emerald Archer is the nickname for the Green Arrow, but the dude on the glass is the Green Lantern. (This is what happens when you have too many green guys in your canon.)



Did you find the mistake? Have you ever purchased a book or other merchandise simply for laughs?

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have guessed that - in fact, I thought they maybe got the nickname for the Flash wrong, so that shows what I (don't) know - still feel a bit smug though compared with whoever signed off on these, so thanks for that Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not find the mistake, don't know those two green comic characters well enough. But I would not have made that mistake anyway, because I would have researched it better.

    ReplyDelete